Senior Engineering Technician
Posted on Tuesday, January 16, 2024
You rarely get the chance to change an entire industry. But that's the position we find ourselves in. Join us, and you’ll unleash scientists, accelerate their research and help get cures to patients sooner
We’re developing a machine that fully automates human cell production - one of the most painful but important processes in biology. Cells are used to discover and develop new drugs, and now they're being used to cure cancer too. Mytos has the potential to impact cure development across the board.
We’ve assembled a world-class team to take on this challenge, with ex-Dyson engineers and Nature-published scientists working hand-in-hand. You can learn more about your potential Mytos teammates here: Team
Mytos is backed by Y Combinator, the most successful startup program in the world which produced companies such as AirBnb, Dropbox, and Ginkgo Bioworks.
We believe that as a Senior Engineering Technician, you’d be hard pressed to find a more interesting and impactful problem to work on. We’d love to hear from you if you think you would enjoy:
- Working alongside our engineering team to assemble/commission new prototypes, our machines & our fluidic consumables.
- Responding to and diagnosing equipment breakdowns / assembly problems, resolving issues and actioning repairs.
- Working closely with manufacturers, suppliers and internal departments in finding ways to improve process and increase machine reliability and performance.
- Refining our test rigs, quality processes and data, and harness them to help us move faster.
- Creating detailed documentation & work instructions to aid internal teams.
- Helping shape our assembly engineering culture and processes so that we keep continually improving. You’ll enjoy the autonomy, accountability and customer-focus that we bring to our work.
- Going on-site with our customers to install/commission system & carry out repairs
- Multi-disciplinary collaboration across the whole team, which includes two Forbes 30 under 30 founders, ex-Dyson engineers, rock climbers and Nature-published scientists
- A minimum of 5 years experience in assembling complex electro-mechanical systems
- Excellent ME skills (e.g. experience working on optics/gantry assemblies that require careful handling & alignment)
- Excellent EE skills (e.g. very comfortable creating / verifying harnessing, soldering through hole components & carrying out SMT rework.)
- Proficient in reading and interpreting technical drawings and schematics
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose technical issues single handed.
- Experience qualifying completed work pieces to verify conformance to specifications, using micrometers, gauges, etc as specified.
- Experience in quality control and inspection processes.
- You take great pride in a high level of craftsmanship in the work you do, and help grow the abilities of those working alongside you to increase quality across our production team.
- Experience setting up new tools/processes & have led teams of technicians to help meet business needs.
- You're a fast learner and a great communicator who can proactively liaise within hardware & externally with sales, operations and other parts of the org as needed.
- Experience planning & executing on tight timelines - driving production forward, reducing build times when required whilst maintaining high quality standard
- Experience maintaining a safe work environment by actively promoting quality and safety standards.
- Experience with at least one CAD package (Solidworks preferable)
- Excellent IT skills
Salary and Benefits:
- Competitive salary with stock options
- Lunch covered daily
- Collaborative team environment with very high potential to learn new skills
- 24 days holiday (excluding bank holidays)
- Awesome colleagues and an office in the Imperial College Innovation hub in White City, where you’ll be based.
- Because of the device assembly aspect of this role, we are unable to support remote-first working and potential colleagues must be happy to work from our lab.
We’re building a team that enjoys moving fast and not killing cells, strives for continuous improvement through learning from mistakes and is passionate about work that contributes to solving real world problems.
We get excited about meeting potential colleagues from broad scientific/engineering backgrounds and who share our enthusiasm for unconstrained innovation and understanding our users.