Posted on Thursday, November 30, 2023
You rarely get the chance to change an entire industry. But that's the position we find ourselves in. We are developing a machine that totally automates mammalian cell culture - one of the most painful but important processes in biology.
Cells are crucial for biotech and pharma: they are used to discover and develop new drugs, AND they enable cutting-edge cancer cell therapies. Mytos has the potential to impact therapy development across the board.
We have assembled a world-class team to take on this challenge, with ex-Dyson engineers and Nature-published scientists working hand-in-hand. You can learn more about your potential Mytos teammates here: Team
Mytos is backed by Y Combinator, the most successful startup program in the world which produced companies such as AirBnb, Dropbox, and Ginkgo Bioworks.
We are looking for a lab technician to join our biology team and push our internal testing capacity.
We believe in autonomy, and you should expect to execute your tasks independently and attempt to overcome hurdles you encounter, with team members always available to advise as you require.
You will be supporting essential activities of the Biology team and expect to learn new protocols and techniques.
- Grow mammalian cells (iPSCs included) for downstream applications and perform regular cell culture-related maintenance activities
- Characterising cells using common molecular biology techniques
- Support your team members on their experiments and biological assays
- Contribute to lab maintenance activities
- Weekend work may be occasionally required
We’d love to hear from you if you have
- An M.Sc. in a biology related area with > 1 year of lab experience or BSc with > 2 years Industry or laboratory experience
- Hands-on experience with mammalian cell culture
- Experience with molecular and cell biology techniques, including DNA/RNA isolation, RT-PCR, qPCR, immunostaining, image analysis, and flow cytometry is a plus
- Experience with high quality iPSCs maintenance is a plus
- Competitive salary with stock options
- Collaborative team environment with very high potential to learn new skills
Our solutions are going to transform the way every biotech works. Join us and help us get there!