Biology Tech Lead
Posted on Thursday, August 31, 2023
London, White City
Salary: Competitive + stock options, depending on experience
You rarely get the chance to change an entire industry. But that's the position we find ourselves in. We’re developing a machine that totally automates mammalian cell culture - one of the most painful but important processes in biology.
Cells are crucial for biotech and pharma. They’re used to discover and develop new drugs, AND they enable cutting-edge cancer cell therapies. Mytos has the potential to impact therapy development across the board.
We’ve assembled a world-class team to take on this challenge, with engineers and scientists working hand-in-hand. You can learn more about your potential Mytos teammates here: Team
Mytos is backed by Y Combinator, the most successful startup program in the world which produced companies such as AirBnb, Dropbox, and Ginkgo Bioworks.
We’re looking for a Technical Lead for our Biology team. This is a unique opportunity to learn how to execute projects at the interface of engineering and biology.
We believe in autonomy, and you should expect to execute company wide initiatives independently and attempt to overcome hurdles you encounter, with team members always available to advise as you require.
You’ll be interfacing with multiple disciplines, such as hardware/software engineers, so expect to have to learn about these different areas too.
- Coordinate cross-functional projects, in collaboration with hardware and software technical leads.
- Consistently deliver projects fast, while upholding high deliverable quality
- Manage project timelines and resources, ensuring execution is aligned with company goals, while maintaining transparent stakeholder communication.
- Lead a team of scientists, focusing on high-quality technical decision making, meeting timelines, and fostering growth.
- Hold accountability for all laboratory functions and procedures.
- When needed, develop and implement a strategic plan for team expansion and recruitment.
We’d love to hear from you if you have
- Ideally, over 5 years of experience post-PhD in industry
- Experience in managing and scaling a scientific team
- Hold a good understanding of hardware and software within life science products
- Expertise in mammalian cell culture
It would be nice if you
- Worked in life science product development teams
- Have worked with iPSCs and differentiation protocols
- Competitive salary with stock options
- 32 days holiday
- Paid lunch
- Cycle to work scheme
- Collaborative team environment with very high potential to learn new skills
Our solutions are going to transform the way every biotech works. Join us and help us get there!