Posted on Tuesday, April 25, 2023
You rarely get the chance to change an entire industry. But that's the position we find ourselves in. Join us, and you’ll unleash scientists, accelerate their research and help get cures to patients sooner
We’re developing a machine that fully automates human cell production - one of the most painful but important processes in biology. Cells are used to discover and develop new drugs, and now they're being used to cure cancer too. Mytos has the potential to impact cure development across the board.
We’ve assembled a world-class team to take on this challenge, with ex-Dyson engineers and Nature-published scientists working hand-in-hand. You can learn more about your potential Mytos teammates here: Team
Mytos is backed by Y Combinator, the most successful startup program in the world which produced companies such as AirBnb, Dropbox, and Ginkgo Bioworks.
This is an opportunity to work on projects at the interface of engineering and biology. When you join us, you’ll get to:
- Make our devices more indestructible - iterate and improve the robustness and reliability of our machines.
- Design components and sub-systems that interface to areas you might not be familiar with, such as optics and fluidics.
- Work on all aspects of hardware design - from initial concept through to manufacture.
- Refine and build existing proof-of-concept features and collaborate on integrating new ones.
- Refine our test rigs, quality processes and data, and harness them to help us move faster.
- Help shape our engineering culture and processes so that we keep continually improving. You’ll enjoy the autonomy, accountability and customer-focus that we bring to our work.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You’ve brought at least one complex product to market - ideally in the lab automation, medical devices or biotech space, but we’re open to other areas too.
- You have a keen understanding of building reliability into systems & hardware R&D processes.
- Complex systems containing hardware, electronics and software fascinate you. You cannot wait to work on a device that incorporates multiple electro-mechanical systems that move with high precision, or would enjoy solving thermal/fluidic challenges at the interface of biology.
- You enjoy non-traditional approaches to prototyping and finding ways to get things working. You might even have learnt to code to get things talking to each other.
- Manufacturing techniques including injection molding, sheet metal fabrication and CNC machining are part of your toolkit
Salary and Benefits:
- Competitive salary with stock options
- Lunch covered daily
- Collaborative team environment with very high potential to learn new skills
- 24 days holiday (excluding bank holidays)
- Awesome colleagues and an office in the Imperial College Innovation hub in White City, where you’ll be based.
- Because of the physical HW aspect of this role, we are unable to support remote-first working and potential colleagues must be happy to work from our lab.
We’re building a team that enjoys moving fast and not killing cells, strives for continuous improvement through learning from mistakes and is passionate about work that contributes to solving real world problems.
We get excited about meeting potential colleagues from broad scientific/engineering backgrounds and who share our enthusiasm for unconstrained innovation and understanding our users.
See more open positions at Mytos
Something looks off?