Content Marketing Manager
Employment type: Full time
Salary: £40-50k pa commensurate with experience
Looking to use your powers for good? Join Mission Zero Technologies to help fight the climate crisis on the molecular frontline.
About Mission Zero Technologies
We’re a London-based climate tech startup working to reinvent carbon for a thriving planet. Since 2020, we have rapidly pioneered the world’s most versatile Direct Air Capture (DAC) technology to recover historic CO₂ emissions from the atmosphere, anywhere at any scale. Backed by Breakthrough Energy Ventures, the XPRIZE foundation, Stripe, and the UK Government, we’ve moved a brand new climate technology from lab to commercial plants in under three years to rapidly empower carbon removal and sustainable utilisation.
We’re now looking for an exceptional Content Marketing Manager to propel our growth — communicating the imagination and excitement of our mission as we start to put our technology on the ground across the world.
About the role
As Content Marketing Manager, you will own the production, distribution, and ongoing performance of Mission Zero’s content — spanning brand (60%), sales (20%), and product marketing (20%). If you enjoy crafting strategies from scratch and growing them into maturity, you’ll thrive in this role.
The role requires a deep understanding of the sustainability space, the Mission Zero brand, and early-adopter target markets to develop the right content to accelerate brand and solution awareness.
Reporting to the Marketing and Brand Lead, key partners will include the Brand Designer, Commercial Lead, freelance writers, and agency partners. You will also collaborate closely with the Product team around specific product launches.
What you’ll be doing
- Leverage market research, data, trends, SEO strategies, and internal expert insights to create content supporting Mission Zero’s growth goals — spanning blog articles, landing pages, pillar pages, videos/reels, interviews, and beyond.
- Architect and execute the editorial calendar for our ‘Lab Notes’ blog to deliver our content strategy.
- Manage strategy and execution for brand marketing channels, including monthly newsletters and social media.
- Work cross-functionally to produce sales enablement and product marketing collateral.
- Build and manage a freelance base of subject matter experts.
- Pitch and design new content series that align with brand marketing goals.
- Own the quality and performance of content, systematically refreshing and optimising it to improve organic discoverability, engagement, and relevance.
What you’ll need to be successful in this role
- Fluent English speaker with superb writing and communication skills, with 4+ years’ experience in content marketing and/or digital marketing (B2B ideal — agency or in-house)
- A results-driven self-starter who thrives on extreme ownership — from masterminding strategy through to execution and optimisation
- Experience producing long- and short-form content, from thought leadership features and white papers to social media series
- Deep understanding of the sustainability, ESG, or climate tech space
- Developed storytelling skills with the ability to present concepts in a clear and engaging way
- Strong research and analytical capabilities, able to quickly tap into the concerns and language of specific audiences
- Critical thinker with strong writing, concept development, and project management skills
- Intuitive communicator able to tease out insights from dense engineering communications and turn technical jargon into meaningful copy
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high-growth business environment
- Self-motivated, proactive, and able to work independently
- Genuine passion to drive tangible climate action
- Excitement at the challenge of bringing a real-world, physical technology to life
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Good understanding of web analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics, Hrefs)
- Experience with creative production tools (e.g. Canva, Figma, Sketch, Adobe CC)
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup
- B2B hardware tech experience
What can we offer you?
- 30 days of Annual Leave (AL)
- 3 months Paternity/Maternity Leave
- £500 annual Personal Development Grant
- Unlimited mental health support
- Employee Share Options Scheme
- Christmas holidays office closure
- Employer-matched contributions to global re-wilding programme
- Opportunities to directly impact where our company is headed
- A high-growth, high-trust environment that encourages bold creativity
At Mission Zero, we value diversity of cultural backgrounds, experience, and perspectives, and leverage these qualities to create exceptional outcomes. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, sex, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, age, disability, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy or related condition, or any other basis as protected by applicable law. Please do not hesitate to let us know if you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation.
Our hiring process
Kindly allow us a week to review your application. Providing both of our schedules align, the total hiring process should take 3-4 weeks total to wrap up.
- Submit your application alongside completing a cultural fit test (15 minutes)
- Application review
- HR screening interview
- Interview with Brand and Marketing Lead
- Short case assignment (2 hours max.)
- Final interview