Ancilia Biosciences is leveraging CRISPR’s natural function as the bacterial immune system against viruses to develop a new class of live biotherapeutics & bacterial products for a range of applications. Our work is interdisciplinary and lies at the intersection of the microbiome, the virome & CRISPR.
We are seeking highly motivated scientists to advance our platform technologies. Ancilia is an early stage venture-backed startup, and this is an opportunity to join a small, mission-driven team and have the role grow rapidly with the company.
Position: Senior Scientist
Location: New York, NY
· Advance development of microbial engineering platform using CRISPR
· Design & execute key experiments to advance initial product pipeline
· Innovate to devise novel approaches for technology advancement
· Analyze data and effectively communicate results to key stakeholders
· Collaborate with an interdisciplinary team to advance the field
· PhD in Microbiology, Molecular Biology or related discipline is strongly preferred +1-2 years industry experience
· Experience with microbial engineering is required
· Demonstrated knowledge & experience with CRISPR-Cas systems is preferred
· Knowledge & experience working with phages is a significant plus
· Skilled in standard molecular biology and microbiology techniques, including cloning, PCR, and bacterial culturing
· Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team setting
· Ability to set priorities to achieve key milestones under defined timelines
· Ability & desire to learn quickly and grow in a fast-paced environment
· Strong communication & interpersonal skills to thrive in a collaborative environment
-This position is full time, on location in New York City.
-Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience in the range of $100k-$165k, plus full benefits and equity incentives.
To apply, please send a brief cover letter & resume to email@example.com