Mountain View, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, April 21, 2023
Holy Grail developed a direct air carbon capture technology that removes CO2 from the atmosphere and permanently stores it in pyramids. We are looking for proactive candidates ready to take ownership and are passionate about creating a sustainable solution to removing excess CO2 from the atmosphere.
To support our growth, we’re seeking experienced Process Engineers to ensure the smooth deployment of our first CO2 capture facility. The ideal candidates have experience in manufacturing, project management and leadership, to be able to aid the design of a highly optimized CO2 capture plant.
This role will be located full-time in Mountain View, CA.
• Detail-oriented analytical thinker with a creative approach to science and engineering
• A high degree of autonomy and independence
• Intrinsic motivation with a fundamental love of science
• Ability to learn and adapt quickly
• Experience working with hazardous materials and writing appropriate SOPs
• Knowledge of process related standards
• Degree in Engineering
• Develop, configure and optimize industrial processes from inception through to commission and start up
• Design, run, test and make evidence-based upgrades to systems and processes
• Develop best practices, routines and innovative solutions to improve CAPEX and energy expenditure
• Manage cost and time constraints
• Conduct troubleshooting to ensure all equipment is running optimally and propose further optimizations
• Writes standard work and / or SOPs for all processes and perform risk assessments
• Provide process documentation, operating instructions and technical support/training to team members
• Cultivate a safe work environment by ensuring that policies and safety procedures are followed
Nice to have:
• Experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment in the chemical industry
• Experience in process simulations
• Experience with process engineering software, including CAD/Auto-CAD
What we offer:
You will join a team that is passionate about having an impact on climate change. We care about the optimal way to solve a problem and nurture a culture of creativity and collaboration. We care about quick iterations, minimizing assumptions, and we use emojis to label our chemicals. We work on interesting technical problems and provide support and resources to tackle them.
Impact: your contribution will directly impact our technical milestones and you will have full ownership of your projects. We don’t micromanage
No politics: we give you the resources to test all your wildest ideas in hours or days, not months. If there is a chance that something will advance our progress we will test it quickly to find the best solution as soon as possible
Ownership: not only you will own your projects you will also own part of the company
Autonomy: we welcome your independent perspective and embrace thought diversity and creative freedom
Flexibility: we encourage you to set and manage your time to achieve our shared goals and we offer a less rigid environment and company structure compared to academia and larger companies
Fun: we want to be happy at work because it’s more productive, so we cultivate an informal environment that is focused on the end goal, but celebrate all our wins along the way
• Stock options
• Paid time off
• Paid sick leave
• Health & dental insurance
See more open positions at Holy Grail
Something looks off?