Mountain View, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, April 21, 2023
Holy Grail developed a direct air carbon capture technology that removes CO2 from the atmosphere and permanently stores it as a solid above the ground. We are looking for proactive candidates ready to take ownership and are passionate about creating a sustainable solution to removing excess CO2 from the atmosphere.
To support our growth, we are looking for a Chemical Engineer to join our team and drive the deployment of our first CO2 capture plant.
This role will be located full-time in Mountain View, CA.
• Detail-oriented with a creative approach to science and engineering
• A high degree of autonomy and independence
• Intrinsic motivation with a fundamental love of science
• Ability to learn and adapt quickly
• Experience working in a chemical manufacturing plant
• Experience working with hazardous materials
• Excellent organizational skills
• Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or a related field
• Design and prototype manufacturing systems and chemical processes
• Scale existing manufacturing systems
• Monitor and optimize the CO2 capture facility
• Conduct research to develop new processes for future plant designs and deployments
• Manage chemical manufacturing projects from design, construction, commissioning and start up of the CO2 capture plant and equipment
• Ensure safety and compliance with all regulations and standards, including conducting safety audits and risk assessments
Nice to have:
• Degree or experience in Mechanical, Manufacturing or Robotics Engineering
What we offer:
You will join a team that is passionate about having an impact on climate change. We care about the optimal way to solve a problem and nurture a culture of creativity and collaboration. We care about quick iterations, minimizing assumptions, and we use emojis to label our chemicals. We work on interesting technical problems and provide support and resources to tackle them.
Impact: your contribution will directly impact our technical milestones and you will have full ownership of your projects. We don’t micromanage
No politics: we give you the resources to test all your wildest ideas in hours or days, not months. If there is a chance that something will advance our progress we will test it quickly to find the best solution as soon as possible
Ownership: not only you will own your projects you will also own part of the company
Autonomy: we welcome your independent perspective and embrace thought diversity and creative freedom
Flexibility: we encourage you to set and manage your time to achieve our shared goals and we offer a less rigid environment and company structure compared to academia and larger companies
Fun: we want to be happy at work because it’s more productive, so we cultivate an informal environment that is focused on the end goal, but celebrate all our wins along the way
• Stock options
• Paid time off
• Paid sick leave
• Health & dental insurance