Mountain View, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, July 8, 2022
Holy Grail developed a direct air carbon capture technology that uses electrons to capture CO2 from the atmosphere. We are looking for proactive candidates who are ready to take ownership and are passionate about creating a sustainable solution to removing excess CO2 from the atmosphere. The ultimate goal of Holy Grail is to contribute to the long-term sustainability of life on Earth.
We are looking for robotics interns to join our team and help bring our modular CO2 scrubbers to market.
This role will be located in Mountain View, CA.
• Detail-oriented with a creative approach to science and engineering
• A high degree of autonomy and independence
• Intrinsic motivation with a fundamental love of science
• Ability to learn and adapt quickly
• Experience with 3D modeling (Solidworks or CATIA)
• Experience with fast prototyping and manufacturing (laser cutting, 3D printing, Arduino, Raspberry Pi, and general fabrication)
• Design hardware components and testing rigs for carbon capture systems
• Design and build scrubber prototypes using laser cutting, water jet, stamping, and 3D printing
• Design and build control and data acquisition systems with digital and analog sensors using Arduinos and PLCs
• Design and build automated manufacturing systems
Nice to have:
• Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, or Robotics
• Experience with seals in airtight systems
• Experience with data engineering in sensing systems
What we offer:
You will join a team that is passionate about having an impact on climate change. We care about the optimal way to solve a problem and nurture a culture of creativity and collaboration. We care about quick iterations, minimizing assumptions, and we use emojis to label our chemicals. We work on interesting technical problems and provide support and resources to tackle them.
Impact: your contribution will directly impact our technical milestones and you will have full ownership of your projects. We don’t micromanage
No politics: we give you the resources to test all your wildest ideas in hours or days, not months. If there is a chance that something will advance our progress we will test it quickly to find the best solution as soon as possible
Ownership: not only you will own your projects you will also own part of the company
Autonomy: we welcome your independent perspective and embrace thought diversity and creative freedom
Flexibility: we encourage you to set and manage your time to achieve our shared goals and we offer a less rigid environment and company structure compared to academia and larger companies
Fun: we want to be happy at work because it’s more productive, so we cultivate an informal environment that is focused on the end goal, but celebrate all our wins along the way
See more open positions at Holy Grail
Something looks off?